CHILD PROTECTION COMMITTEE
The Child Protection Committee is led by the Chairman who is nominated and selected by an election of the Committee Members.
II. Child Protection Committee Mandate
The Child Protection Committee (CPC) consists of 5 persons with the Executive Director or Deputy Executive Director (if ED not available) and Operations/Financial Manager as permanent positions. Three other persons are elected from PDAO ongoing projects. They are a Program Manager (National Level), a Project Manager (Provincial Level) and an Administration/Financial Officer (Provincial Level).
The CPC members will include at least one female member
The CPC is endorsed to monitor and control all permanent staff and other persons working in the organization/institution with relation to all forms of child abuse (see Child Protection Policy).
The duration of each Child Protection Committee mandate is three years.
III. Structure of Child Protection Committee
- Chairman (01)
- Deputy Chairman (01)
- Member (03)
IV. Candidates and Nomination of Child Protection Committee
The component of Child Protection Committee as below:
- Executive Director/Deputy Executive Director (01)
- Operation and Financial Manager (01)
- Program Manager (01)
- Project Manager/Provincial level (01)
- Administration and Financial Officer (01)
V. Roles and Responsibilities of Child Protection Committee
- Ensure that all staff comply with the PDAO Child Protection Policy
- Investigate any incidents and take appropriate action against staff who do not comply with Child Protection Policy
- Review the Child Protection Policy every three years and ensure each staff member receives training on the present and revised Policy
Child Protection Committee have to organize urgently a meeting when there has been an incident of staff who have abused a child/children or have not complied with the Child Protection Code of Conduct or in urgent case by the invitation of Chairman of Child Protection Committee. The decision of Child Protection Committee is approved by a vote is 50%+1 of quorum 2/3 of Child Protection Committee members who participated in the meeting.
VII. Fulfilling the Position of Child Protection Committee
The Executive Director has to take action to select a new member to fulfill the position of Child Protection Committee within 15days from the date of member who has resigned or member, who is seriously sick, died and therefore could not attend the meeting
PDAO-Child Protection Policy -Incident Report
If you see a child at immediate risk of harm please contact the hotlines noted below:
Cambodian emergency reporting contacts :
– National Police 1288 or 023997919
– Phnom Penh 012 311 112
– Kompong Cham 012 557 188
– Siem Reap 017 358 758
– Sihanouk Ville 012 478 100
– Neak Leoung 089 500 008
– Poi Pet 095 960 303
Cambodia Child Helpline Cambodia provides a toll-free, national, professional phone-counselling and information service, as well as referrals and follow-ups for children and concerned citizens. Call 1280 or SMS 017 985 810.
- UN Convention on the Rights of the Child – unicef.org/crc
- AVI Child Protection Policy April 2018 .www.avi.org.au/latest-news/2018/4/19/60-avi-updates-child-protection-policy/
- Child Safe Tourism : www.childsafetourism.org/actions/report-abuse/
- Child Helpline Cambodia Phone: 1280 ( 24 hours) childhelpline.org.kh
- Tommy’s Children and Vulnerable Adults Protection Policy and Procedure – www.tommys.org
- EveryChild Child Protection Policy and Procedures – www.everychild.org.uk
- Save the Children Child Protection Policy – www.savethechildren.org.uk
- UK Charity Commission – www.charity-commission.gov.uk
(PDAO Child Protection Policy Reviewed June 2018)