Project Name: “Local Empowerment and Enabling Action for Protecting Children and Youth from Trafficking and Unsafe Migration (LEAP Programme)”
Location: Kampong Cham province
Objective: The Strategic Results is: Children, families and communities are empowered and actively engaged through prevention, provision, promotion and participation to promote child protection, prevent unsafe migration and trafficking
The pathways to change for the LEAP address prevention, provision, promotion, prosecution and crosscutting themes of partnership and gender. The specific outcomes are:
- Prevention: Enhanced capacity of parents and caregivers to provide stable incomes and prevent unsafe migration and trafficking;
- Provision: Strengthened system for referrals to legal and social services for survivors of unsafe migration and trafficking in the community;
- Promotion: Strengthen actions of duty bearers at the national and subnational level to build a stronger child protection system including migration and trafficking;
- Partnership: Increased collaboration between programme partners and engagement with DWCC, CCWC, CC, Village authorities of safe migration, referrals and feasible livelihoods;
- Participation: Increased children’s voice at the subnational level (district, commune, provincial) on migration and trafficking and other child protection matters that concern them; and
- Gender: Increased awareness and protections for the particular vulnerabilities of girls and boys on unsafe migration and trafficking
- Children: 3,840 Children aged 12 to 18, in the target provinces, districts, communes and villages in Prey Veng, SvayRieng, Pursat, Kampong Cham with families that have migrated or at risk of migration due to lack of income generation and employment opportunities.
- Parents and Guardians: 3,840 of Parents that are currently caring for children in the target provinces, districts, communes and villages in Prey Veng, SvayRieng, Pursat, Kampong Cham with families that have migrated or at risk of migration.
- Local Authorities: 840 local authorities including District Consultative Committee on Women and Children, Commune Committee on Women and Children, Village Chief and Safety Committee, (including key members of the community.
- Community Members: 10,000 Community members including expended family have significant impact on families and will gain knowledge through community awareness programs.